SKI TRIP ESSENTIALS
The ultimate checklist to make sure stoke is high and worry is left at home
Pack Like a Pro
Rolling Ski/Snowboard Bag
Good for carrying your skis or snowboard, poles, and helmet, a bag keeps everything together and secured during travel. Make sure to keep your ski or snowboard boots carry-on only though, lost luggage is a bummer but most gear can be replaced or rented, except your perfect Sturtevant's custom-fitted boots.
Pro Tip: Wrap a few clothes around your skis or snowboard to ensure they don’t bang into each other and put nicks in your awesome graphics.
Having the right jacket and snow pants prepares you for all kinds of mountain conditions and makes the difference between a cold wet day and warm fuzzy vacation.
- Snow pants
Pro Tip: When shopping outerwear consider waterproofing, breathability, stretch and material. But don't forget to make sure you have space for the essentials AKA: a good phone pocket for quick access to epic pics.
You can check the weather but… we all know mountain weather isn’t predictable. Having an assortment of layers to go under your outwear will increase your comfort and prepare you for whatever weather the mountain throws at you.
- Base layer top and bottom
- Mid layer
Pro Tip: It's always better to be warm and peel off extra layers than be cold and cut your day short. Look for fabrics like merino wool, it's warm but also wicks away the sweat.
Often overlooked and underestimated these items will add extra comfort to your next mountain adventure.
- Gloves or mittens, to keep your hands warm and toasty.
- Goggle (preferably a pair with interchangeable lenses, one for cloudy days and one for sunny days).
- Balaclava, to keep the snow and wind off your face.
- SOCKS, SOCKS, and more SOCKS, having a clean dry pair of socks will help keep your feet warm on cold days.
- Winter hats, keep your ears warm so your après adventure can last longer.
- Sunscreen, just cause it's cold doesn’t mean you can't get burned. Make sure the suns reflection off the snow doesn’t send you home with a raccoon tan line.
- Cozy shoes, a nice pair of slippers after a day on the mountain is a blissful thing.
- Hydration, altitude and exercise is the perfect combination to dehydrate you. Remember to drink and bring water with you. It will elevate your skiing and nightlife experience.
- Reusable tote, to limit the use of one time plastic and help preserve our beautiful resort communities. Bring your tote by one of our many stores and pick up any last minute items on your list.
Pro Tip: Dry feet are warm feet, wait to put on your clean dry socks until you put your ski or snowboard boots on. Sweaty feet and wet socks get cold much quicker.
Plan your next vacation with Sturtevant's
- Ski and snowboard sales and rentals
- Custom foot beds and boot fitting
- Overnight ski and snowboard tuning and repair
- Clothing and accessories for the outdoors
*not all services are available at all locations, check store for details